Saturday, March 4, 2017

Breaking down the one shot 109


Sneaking peeks at some options for the 109...
(reprint for reference)

By: George Argyropoulos
a/k/a Dragon_Bane

So we have had the 109 available for several weeks now. As some of you have seen already, I have been playing with these quite a bit.

While the original attempts revolved around a nice collaboration with Cesar, a/k/a Latino_el_Vato_Loco on the TFC page. We got some really stupid low numbers for the 109's. Both of us got under 30 min of damage using crews and conqueror hulls... however, given the rumors that conqueror hulls could be barred to PvE targets I am going to forgo our little tests and concentrate on Pun tanks and Hcit/Cit combinations. If I can get the time or the coins, I will try to get some other tanks built to test, but as of right now, I have neither the coins nor the time to dedicate to alternative builds. Battle pirates on BV touched briefly upon this in their Saturday show as well on the back half of the program.

So... on to options...

After several tests I came up with two decent (not perfect) tank builds that revolve around the Punisher hull. They are listed on the TFC Punisher build page and you can always see them right here in our article.

For some reason, even though the resistances are very similar, I get better results with the Punisher No. 1 over Punisher No. 2.

Punisher No. 1:
https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!90ZZ0NH00X0X0X44380O060C2557575757572A2A2A2A0ZZ0ZZ0ZZdC




And Punisher No. 2:
https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!90ZZ0NH01U1U1T380C44060O2557565656562A2A2A2A0ZZ0ZZ0ZZdC



So, now that we see our friendly neighborhood Punisher... wait, that's not right... but our first glimpse was in fact in... Oh.. sorry, comic tangent....anyway- We have met our tanks, now what are the heavies that can follow them?

The first one and my absolute TOP recommended option? The Harlock's Citadel.



I use mine in my base defense and had to actually refit it and weaken it in order to use it for my FM. Please, PLEASE Kixeye... allow us to hold and build more than one. I know I build odd stuff from time to time, but I also like to build niche on occasion.... let us.

[WARNING!! TANGENTIAL RANT!!] Dear Kixeye... you have already started hobbling us with the Hull Class differentiation, you have made the build times of these new Flag ships excessive (at best) and you've also limited their bonuses to the same line of hull as well rather than a general boost as was previous convention. Do we really need limits on amounts as well? Particularly given the costs associated with earning these hulls? P-p-p-p-p-p-p-please increase the max. There may or may not be bacon in it for you...

So, what can this hull do that makes me put this single hull at the top of my list? Well, how's about this - Using Pun No. 2 and just the Hcit with a Sea Serpents crew, the first run netted 1 hour 9 minutes of damage. One hit. As you can see, it was NOT a perfect run. I screwed up right at the start, however, it was good enough that I didn't bother with another try.



Look, I know the odds are the love of my life isn't going to magically walk through that door in a pumpkin costume at... 2:43 in the morning. But it just seems as nice a spot as any to just, you know, sit and wait.... oh... wrong show... Sorry Ted....

So on to the second string. This would be the Cits. Sadly, I have not finished my Cit builds as yet. They are both shy of specials which made the next video very disappointing. Once the Siege Battery and Splash Upgrade specials are added I have no doubt the damage times are going to come down. I will likely re-publish this same article in a week or two with an update on using three cits with a 
Savage lead and a Punisher Tank. So, here are just the two Citadels, not Savage, using an SS crew:

I was going to have one tonight, but it seems some TRCS were sore about getting shiny bubbles so they decided they wanted to snipe FM fleets. Classy as always guys. ;) Sadly, that ruined a couple runs I wanted to make, so... First we will see what happens when these almost-finished Cits run behind a tank with an SS crew. This would have been better with a Savage lead, but... not too impressive. 1 hour 48 minutes damage:



Then we add that lovely beast of a Harlock's Citadel to the mix (the eventual builds are in the vid description), with an SS crew again and we get a paltry 48 minutes of damage. Nice, right?


And just for screwing around.... 35 minutes of damage with only 2 boats?? Yes, this was a fun screwing around run, but it showcases that lovely Hcit powah!! I doubt very much I'm going to spend the time to roll this bloody crew all the time to do my FM though...


So, we see a lot of good things here. And if you have your old 107 Punisher fleet that has Arblests or Launchers on them? Never fear...



So. This is what I've been working on for a while. I think the damage will come down a bit more with the full build. I doubt I need a 3rd cit in there but I am building one to see how they run without the Hcit.

Sadly, I can't spend time on alternatives because I just can't afford that. I do have a Neptune build HERE and this week on Friday's Battle Pirates Crib show, we'll be discussing tank builds for all. Also, I would LOVE to see some new faces show up for The Forsaken Council open mike on Saturday, particularly some more non-coiners so we can get a good mix of players and opinions during the open mike. We could be discussing this, or... anything else that may come up during the week! Hope this helped a few of you or at least entertained you!



















No comments:

Post a Comment